Introducing The Primary Years Programme (PYP) from IBO (International Baccalaureate Organization)
The Primary Years Programme sets the foundation for each pupil easily to follow and adapt to any other educational institution. The curriculum at SEKOLAH TUNAS BANGSA is also adapted for our own specific needs from the National Curriculum of Indonesia.
Sekolah Tunas Bangsa offers a nurturing and stimulating education designed for the particular needs of the age group. We also provide a variety of different areas where the children can observe, explore and interact. Our curriculum ensures that:
- Each child is valued as an individual with differing interests and abilities which are nurtured, respect and catered for.
- The syllabus fosters for intellectual emotional, physical and social development of each child.
- The syllabus is geared towards active learning situations which are meaningful to the children’s lives.
- Parents are seen as partners in their child’s education and are encouraged to participate as fully as possible in their child’s school life.
- Children develop positive attitudes about themselves and learning as well as good social skills.
- Children have fun.
With this in mind, our well-established programme adopts a thematic approach covering the following areas :
- Science and technology.
- Personal, Social and Physical education.
- Social studies.
We do place a particular emphasis on early literacy and mathematical skills and recognize the importance of developing children’s emotional intelligence.